Plastic bunny and tube – Happy Hours

Recall published
2007-05-28
Brand
Product title
Plastic bunny and tube – Happy Hours
Product description
The toy consists of a plastic tube (16 cm height, 2 cm diameter), which contains multicoloured candies, and a toy on the top of the tube. The toy is of a shape of a grey-yellow little bunny riding a red bicycle, with two small back wheels and a big front one. The following warning is written on a paper inside the tube (in Greek): "ATTENTION: It contains small parts. Not suitable for children under 3 years old".
Risk
This product poses a chemical risk because it contains : - 4.1% by weight of di-(2-ethylhexyl) phthalate (DEHP) ), which exceeds the allowed maximum limit of 0,1% by weight set in the Chemicals Restrictions Directive 76/769/EEC; - 11.6% by weight of di-isononyl phthalate (DINP) and 5.1% by weight of di-isodecyl phthalate (DIDP), totally 16.7% by weight, which exceeds the allowed maximum limit of 0,1% by weight. Phthalates may cause harm to unborn children and poses a risk of impaired fertility.
Measures taken
Measures ordered by public authorities: Import rejected by the customs authorities
Batch number / barcode
Model number
Model: Wind up bicycle
Recall type
Consumer product
Risk type
Chemical
Country of origin
Hong Kong
RAPEX Reference
0510/07
Risk level
Serious risk
Notifying country
Greece

Images

Know a friend who's using this? Share!