- Recall published
- Product title
- Bicycles with Carbon Crankset
- Product description
- Cranksets are the gears at the front of the bicycle chain with pedals attached to the outer ends. The crankset spins on a bearing and axle assembly called a bottom bracket. The recalled cranksets are two-piece carbon crankset with an integrated aluminium bottom bracket.
- This product poses a serious risk of injuries because the aluminium bottom bracket spindles on some of these bikes was incorrectly heat treated. This manufacturing error causes cracks that can lead to a complete crankset failure, posing a fall hazard to user, with a risk of serious injury or death.
- Measures taken
- Measures taken by economic operators: Voluntary corrective actions taken by the importer. A press release has been issued.
- Batch number / barcode
- Model number
2007 and 2008 Cannondale Road and Mountain Bikes equipped with Cannondale System Integrated 2-Pieces Carbon Cranksets.
Affected bicycle models:
- 2007 Bikes: Synapse Carbon SL 1 Compact Drive
Ironman 1 Sl Carbon Standard Drive
System 6 Team 1 Compact Drive and Standard Drive
System 6 Team 3 Compact Drive and Standard Drive
Cyclocross SL 1 Compact Drive
Taurine 1 SL
Rush Carbon 2.
- 2007 Framesets & Cranksets: Synapse SL Sl
System 6 Team Sl
CAAD 9 Cyclocross Sl
All Carbon Sl Road Cranksets.
- 2008 Bikes: System 6 Liquigas 3
Compact and Standard Drive.
- Recall type
- Consumer product
- Risk type
- Country of origin
- RAPEX Reference
- Risk level
- Serious risk
- Notifying country