Plastic toys inside card board box

Recall published
2006-11-13
Brand
Product title
Polly Pocket Magnetic Play sets “Mattel”
Product description
Plastic toys inside card board box.
Risk
170 complaints regarding the small magnets coming out of these recalled toys have been reported. There were three reports of serious injuries to children who swallowed more than one magnet. All three suffered intestinal perforations that required surgery. Risk of internal injuries. Tiny Magnets inside the dolls and accessories can fall out undetected to parents and guardians. The magnets can be swallowed, aspirated by young children or placed by a child in their nose or ears. When more than one magnet is swallowed, the magnets can attract to each other and cause intestinal perforation, infection or blockage, which can be fatal. Aspiration to the lungs requires immediate surgery. Magnets placed in the nose or ears can cause swelling and be difficult to remove.
Measures taken
Measures taken by economic operators: Voluntary withdrawal from the market and recall from consumers by the manufacturer
Batch number / barcode
Model number
B2632-Polly Place Hanging out House, B3158-Polly Place Treetop Clubhouse, B3201-Spa Day, B7118-Polly Place Totally Tiki Diner, G8605-Quik Clik Boutique, H1537-Quik Clik City Pretty Playset, H1538-Quik Clik Sporty Style Playset, H3211- Totally Zen Playset
Recall type
Consumer product
Risk type
Injuries
Country of origin
China
RAPEX Reference
0770/06
Risk level
Serious risk
Notifying country
United Kingdom

Images

Know a friend who's using this? Share!