Due to its characteristic form, colour and size, the products may be mistaken for foodstuff (sweets). This may lead children to put them in the mouth, suck or ingest them. The balls expand when soaked and if the balls are ingested by a child they could cause fatal occlusion of the digestive system.
The product does not comply with the Directive 87/357/EEC on products which, appearing to be other than they are, endanger the health or safety of consumers.
Measures ordered by public authorities: Recall of the product from end users, Withdrawal of the product from the market